DML – Designated Marksman Lightweight
The Culper Precision Designated Marksman Lightweight rifle has the same feature-set as the standard DM but with a very light tapered pencil (.625″) profile barrel. This model reduces the weight of the rifle making for an easier to carry option. The DML is our most popular “everyday AR-15” model with civilians. It is more suited to the simpler configurations (light, red-dot, sling) common with most home-defense and “truck-guns” but it is still robust enough to use in moderate fire-schedules like the average carbine class. If you are comparing the DM to the DML wondering which one fits you better, perhaps the most definitive guideline is that the DM was designed primarily for scoped applications, longer distance engagements, and heavier setups such as magnifiers, lasers, and bipods. The DML is most commonly used with non-magnified optics, and much lighter and/or simpler rifle setups.
- 416R stainless steel Culper Precision lightweight “pencil” profile (.625 gas block journal) barrel in 14.5” and 11.5″ lengths. Polished match chamber, M4 barrel extension with polished feed ramps.
- 4140 steel gas block QPQ finished. Individually gauged stainless steel gas tube.
- Culper Precision M-lok handguard in 600-series aluminum with 7075-T6, type III hard-anodized barrel-nut and mounting hardware.
- Forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers – Machined in-house and hand-matched for precise fitment.
- Mil-Spec plus DLC coated bolt and carrier with carpenter 158 or 9310 bolt. Magnetic-particle inspected (MPI) and High Pressure “proof” tested (HPT).
- Ambidextrous charging handle
- Ambidextrous selector switch – scalloped right side switch for trigger-finger clearance.
- ALG Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT) Fire control
- B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock
- Single-color Cerakote finish included, with multi-color designs and camouflage available to suit any mission requirements or individual preferences. IR signature reduction camouflage available to agencies or government contracts.