DMSR – Designated Marksman Suppressed Rifle
In almost every iteration of the AR-15, suppression is an afterthought. The suppressor is simply added to the firearm in the aftermarket environment with little to no consideration during the design, development and manufacturing processes. With the Designated Marksman Suppressed Rifle (DMSR), we took the opposite approach and designed the system from the ground up for use with a suppressor.
The DMSR shares many of the features of our Designated Marksman rifle, but is a completely different rifle to its core; engineered from the beginning to capitalize on the strengths of a suppressor, and to mitigate the liabilities. The DMSR is a culmination of everything we have learned over decades of experiences in building, shooting, servicing and manufacturing suppressed AR’s. The development goal of the DMSR was to provide an extremely durable and reliable suppressor-specific system that is also very easy to shoot and very easy to service.
The suppressor-specific engineering of the DMSR starts with the barrel. Built to our exacting standards, the barrel is purposely profiled to account for the balance of the weapon-system with a suppressor attached, and to manage the additional heat present in a suppressed platform. The DMSR uses our own gas-port specifications, an individually gauged stainless steel gas tube, and a 4140 billet steel gas block with a Melonite QPQ finish. The barrel is dual-dimpled for the gas block set screws, and the gas block is also pinned in place. In the 11.5″ barrel version, a proprietary “CQBR” gas-tube length is utilized creating an ultra-smooth shooting SBR platform.
The BCG is the same top tier kit you will find in our other rifles, built to meet hard-use, high-demand standards. Individually gauged to meet Mil-spec or better dimensions with a bolt that is magnetic-particle inspected and high pressure tested. The BCG is DLC coated to provide easy cleaning.
Other suppressor-friendly features include an ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle, concentrically-mounted suppressor adaptor (pinned and welded on the 13.9” barrel to meet NFA barrel length regulations), and an A5 buffer and receiver extension. The DMSR also features a two-stage match trigger by Geissele Automatics as standard.
The end-result of the design, development, engineering, and testing process committed to the DMSR project is a rifle that exceeds expectations for suppressed AR-15s by running more efficiently, smoother, and cleaner than other suppressed ARs. The extremely easy to shoot properties of the rifle enhance the experience of the end-user in ways not easily found with other suppressed platforms. The DMSR exhibits a very smooth recoil “quality” allowing for faster return to natural point of aim, and faster split-times in double-taps and rapid multi-round engagements. There is also very little gas expelled to the shooter, and less soot accumulating in the system. Simply put, the DMSR makes the experience of shooting a suppressed platform what it should be – Perfect.
Mounted Surefire or Dead-air suppressor device (pin-and-weld included on 13.9” model to produce a non-NFA length barrel) Other muzzle devices available by request.
416R Stainless Steel Culper Precision profile barrel in 13.9” or 11.5” – with specific gas porting for suppressor use.
Mid-length gas systems (for 13.9″ barrels) or proprietary-length gas system (on 11.5″ barrels), specifically tuned for suppressor use.
Culper Precision M-lok handguard
5. Forged upper and lower receivers – matched for fitment
6. Single-color Cerakote finish included, with multi-color designs and camouflage available.
Geissele G2S trigger and fire-control
MFT pistol Grip
Ambidextrous selector switch
Mil-Spec Plus DLC coated bolt and carrier – gauged and measured individually
Ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle
Steel QD receiver end plate with staked castle nut
A-5 buffer system tuned for suppressed use
B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock
1. Mounted Surefire or Dead-air suppressor device (pin-and-weld included on 13.9” model to produce a non-NFA length barrel) Other muzzle devices available by request.
2. 416R stainless steel Culper Precision profile barrel in 13.9” or 11.5” – with specific gas porting for suppressor use. Nitride QPQ finish for increased lifespan.
3. 4140 billet steel QPQ finished low-profile gas block. Mid-length gas systems (for 13.9″ barrels) or proprietary “CQBR” length gas system (on 11.5″ barrels), specifically tuned for suppressor use.
4. Culper Precision 6000-series aluminum M-lok compatible handguard with 7075-T6 aluminum type III hard anodized barrel nut and stainless steel attachment system. This handguard is extremely rigid and is well suited to laser unit mounting and use.
5. Forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers. Machined in-house, and hand-matched for precise fitment. Our forged receivers are stronger and lighter than billet receivers, and allow for receiver accessories that are designed for mil-spec receivers (such as BAD levers and ambi-mag releases).
6. Single-color Cerakote finish included, with multi-color designs and camouflage available to suit any mission requirements or individual preferences. IR signature reduction camouflage available to agencies or government contracts.
7. The excellent, three-piece, match-quality, two-stage Geissele Automatics G2S trigger is standard on all DMSR’s.
8. MFT Engage V2 pistol Grip. Modern grip angle and moderate volume to fit the vast majority of shooters hands.
9. Ambidextrous selector switch with scalloped right-side lever for trigger-finger clearance (reversable for left handers or shooter preferences).
10. Mil-Spec “plus” Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coated bolt and carrier with Carpenter 158 (original TDP material for those required by policy or preference) or 9310 bolt (said to be 7% stronger). Magnetic-Particle Inspected (MPI) and High-Pressure “proof” Tested (HPT) bolt.
11. Ergonomic and snag-resistant, ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle by PRI.
12. Steel QD receiver end-plate with staked castle nut and A-5 length receiver extension.
13. A-5 buffer system tuned for suppressed use.
14. B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock.
DMSR Basic Rundown Suppressed
DMSR Positive Recoil Quality
DMSR Runs Cleaner
DMSR 68000 Rounds Cleaning
Our precision tuned AR-15s are custom built individually. Stop by the shop or contact us today to get yours started.
Culper Precision 1096 E 930 S Provo UT 84606 801-839-4841 Call or Text! firstname.lastname@example.org