Sierra – Precision in 5.56mm
The Culper Precision Sierra is a high-precision, small-frame AR pattern rifle designed specifically for pushing the 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington to it’s maximum capabilities. The Sierra is the rifle that we would have submitted for the U.S. Military SPR program if it happened today. As such, the Sierra can be viewed as a re-design of the Mk12 series of rifles that incorporates modern enhancements in materials and manufacturing process, as well as catering to modern shooting practices and techniques.
The Sierra Precision Rifle was specifically designed for training and competition in the Team division of the Tactical Games Sniper Challenge. However, the versatility of the Sierra platform mixed with our very accurate, high-velocity, match-grade barrels and our extremely stable and rigid free-float handguards, create a rifle that excels at long-range small-game hunting and predator control, ringing steel at range with relatively affordable ammunition, or counter-sniper operations in the AR-15 platform. It makes an excellent rifle for shooters new to the long-range shooting arena. It is also a rifle for shooters who value the relative affordability of .223/5.56mm match ammunition, or for shooters who are limited to military calibers by agency policy, or the rules of their competition class, discipline, or division.
The Sierra is available with 416r stainless steel match barrels in 16″, 18″, or 20″ lengths chambered in .223 Wylde. It showcases our M-lok compatible, 6000-series aluminum handguard with integrated, full-length ARCA rail. This handguard is among the strongest and most stable available, and is suitable for mounting laser units, clip-on night-vision or thermal units, and range-finding equipment. The Sierra includes an A-5 compatable Magpul UBR Gen2 stock, Larue two-stage match trigger (Geissele trigger options also available), and an ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle. Adjustable gas blocks by Superlative Arms allow for custom-tuning to specific loads or suppressors. The Sierra uses our mil-spec-plus DLC coated, gauged/measured BCG, and our in-house machined, hand-matched 7075-T6 forged aluminum receivers which are compatible with all mil-spec receiver accessories such as ambi-magazine releases and battery assist device (BAD) levers.
The Sierra is a highly accurate, easy to operate, versatile, and cost-effective sharpshooting platform for modern shooters pushing the limits of the heavy, high BC .223 caliber projectiles.
416R stainless steel Culper Precision medium weight or SPR profile barrel in 12.5”, 16”, or 18” lengths
Adjustable gas system for suppressed or unsuppressed use, or tuning for a specific load
Culper Precision M-lok handguard with integrated full-length ARCA rail
Forged upper and lower receivers, machined in-house, and hand-matched for precise fitment
Fire control options from LaRue and Geissele
Mil-Spec plus DLC coated bolt and carrier
Ambidextrous selector switch
Ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle
Law Tactical folding stock adapter system
Magpul UBR II stock – A5 compatible
Single-color cerakote finish with multi-color designs and camouflage available
1. 416R stainless steel Culper Precision medium weight or SPR profile barrel in 16”, 18”, or 20″ lengths. Polished match chamber, M4 barrel extension with polished feed ramps. .750″ gas block journal.
2. Adjustable gas system for suppressed or unsuppressed use or for accurate tuning for a specific load or shooter preference. The gas system is driven by an individually gauged stainless steel gas tube in either rifle length (18″ & 20″ barrel) or mid-length (16″ barrel).
3. Culper Precision 6000 series aluminum, M-lok compatible handguard, with integrated full-length ARCA rail. This is an extremely rigid and stable handguard suitable for bipod and tripod use, as well as the use of visible or infrared laser, or clip-on night vision or thermal systems. The handguard is also very lightweight at 17.7oz. (15 inch) with barrel-nut and mounting hardware.
4. Forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers – Machined in-house and hand-matched for precise fitment. Our forged receivers are extremely strong and lightweight, and they allow for the use of all receiver accessories designed for mil-spec receivers.
5. Mil-Spec plus DLC coated bolt and carrier with carpenter 158 bolt. Magnetic-particle inspected (MPI) and High Pressure “proof” tested (HPT). DLC coating makes the BCG very easy to clean.
6. An ergonomic and ambidextrous gas-busting charging handle helps to keep gas out of the shooters face when using a suppressor, and provides easy-access operation of the bolt even with magnified optics.
7. Ambidextrous selector switch – One side of the selector lever is scalloped for trigger-finger clearance, and is reversable for left-handed shooters, or shooter preference.
8. Superb 2-stage match fire control from LaRue Tactical (MBT-2S) is the factory standard for the Sierra, and the Geissele Automatics (G2S, SSA, or SSA-E) triggers are also available.
9. Law Tactical folding stock adapter system available.
10. Magpul UBR II stock – The factory configuration uses a carbine buffer and spring, but since the UBR stock is A5 compatible, the A5 system is available as an upgrade with the Sierra either from the factory, or you can easily (and affordably) upgrade to the A5 system at a later date.
11. Single-color Cerakote finish included, with multi-color designs and camouflage available to suit any mission requirements or individual preferences. IR signature reduction camouflage available to agencies or government contracts.
Our precision tuned AR-15s are custom built individually. Stop by the shop or contact us today to get yours started.
Culper Precision 1096 E 930 S Provo UT 84606 801-839-4841 Call or Text! firstname.lastname@example.org